Testing

Testing

by Newana Williams -
Number of replies: 5

I am trying to find out how to keep moodle from assigning partial credit to select all that apply questions.  I have not been able to figure out how to make this happen.  I have to manually grade these types of questions.  If anyone can help, please do!!!!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Newana Williams

Re: Testing

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Sorry, Newana, but this "...keep moodle from assigning partial credit to select all that apply questions. "..... is difficult to interpret. 

You mean you have a multiple choice question and one option is "All the above" which is correct but if the candidate selects one other which is incorrect, they still get a partial grade? 

Check the questions themselves in the Quiz editor, make sure that marks are only provided for the correct answer and the others receive no marks for any other response. That is the usual problem anyway.   

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Newana Williams -

You are correct.  I have a multiple choice question that is categorized as a "select all that apply" or "multiple response".  I use the cloze method and choose the correct answers for the response.  If a student chooses two correct responses of the three possible responses, they are given partial credit. I do not want them to receive partial credit.  I have to manually go into Moodle and grade these questions. I was just wondering if there was a way to fix this where the students have to choose all the correct responses to  get  any credit. 

In reply to Newana Williams

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

erm... not sure, but I suspect if you were to set the Penalty for incorrect try to 100% you may gain the result you want. Otherwise, I can't think of any other way to get it. Someone else with more knowledge of the question type might be more useful than me. 

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello - just to let you know I am moving this thread to the Quiz forum