Red Pen Tool Line Weight

Red Pen Tool Line Weight

by Benjamin Hoover -
Number of replies: 6

Hi Everyone, I would like to change the line weight of the red pen tool when I am grading assignments. Does anyone know if this can be done (or if there is a plug-in with more pen customization options)? I am working in the PolyLearn version of Moodle at Cal Poly, which I believe is running version 3.3.

My dilemma right now is that the thick line weight makes writing comments difficult, especially comments that involve punctuation. For example, writing these phrases has caused me trouble:

"D23:F23"

"Within variation"

Most of the problem arises from difficulty in making small marks (like a dotted i or colon), and my writing has to be over-sized to create legible letters.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Benjamin Hoover

Re: Red Pen Tool Line Weight

by Joerg Haerterich -

Hi,

I had the same problem with PDF annotation for math solutions where it is very difficult to write all the indices legible.

However, there seems no way to change the pen size (and there also seems no eraser tool which allows to delete comments other than stroke per stroke).

I am new here but I will try to start a feature request.

Joerg

In reply to Joerg Haerterich

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

When you want to erase something, switch to the pointer tool, (the arrow next to the hand), click on what you want to erase and you will the see a trash can. Click the trash can and the item is gone.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Joerg Haerterich -

This is the way we are doing it now, but if you write just three words and want to erase them, you have to select many strokes (more than ten, I would guess) and sometimes they are quite difficult to hit precisely. An eraser tool that would just wipe away the text would be a great improvement here.

In reply to Joerg Haerterich

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I understand. Deleting anything made with the line tools can be a problem due to number of them created. I used to have lots of them as I graded using a MS Surface Pro 3 with a pen, which made it pretty easy to "write" out comments. Eventually I switched to try and use the paragraph typing tool more. That way, if I needed to delete, it would remove everything at once.

In reply to Benjamin Hoover

by Brad Nielsen -

Im experiencing the same problem, I really thought the pen tool would have been thinner by default. Is there a setting that can be changed to fix this? Or a plugin that provides better annotations. Is there a Moodle Tracker open for this problem.

regards,

Brad