problem after installing Snap Theme on Moodle 3.3

problem after installing Snap Theme on Moodle 3.3

by Isabella Chiari -
Number of replies: 5

Hello to all,

I am a newby in Moodle.  I just installed the Snap Theme (via ftp). It asked to update the database and immediately after now the access appears with no theme at all, plain HTML. 

Can anyone help please? I really do not know what to do.

Isabella

Attachment Schermata 2018-02-15 alle 13.36.13.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Isabella Chiari

Re: problem after installing Snap Theme on Moodle 3.3

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Try clearing your caches.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Isabella Chiari -

I did clear the cache a lot of times without avail.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you look on the plugin page, you will see that it is not yet compatible with 3.3 but it looks like their github version is.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Isabella Chiari -

I did look. On the moodle page they give it compatible with 3.3. at github also. I downloaded the 3.3. stable version from github and installed with clear all cache and same problem appears.

Anyone has an idea?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, 

If you were adding SNAP as a new theme on your site, which theme we're you using as the default. It cannot have been SNAP if that was a new install, so the problem must be with the Default theme NOT Snap!

On the other hand why did you use FTP when you could have installed the SNAP theme using...

Site Administration > Plugins > Install plugin

That way if there was some incompatibility issues it would have aborted the installation process.

Hope this helps?

Mary