Specification of SCORM Terminate/LMSFinish

Specification of SCORM Terminate/LMSFinish

by Sander Rijken -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I'm trying to import a SCORM 1.2 module in this case into Moodle. Everything seems to work OK, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get the content to close when clicking the exit button in the content. The exit button calls LMSFinish in the API. I'm using version 3.3.4

I've seen other LMSes close the content in response to LMSFinish.

Is there something I'm missing here? Is there anything we can call in the SCORM API to get Moodle to close the content?

Thanks,

Sander

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sander Rijken

Re: Specification of SCORM Terminate/LMSFinish

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Sander,
SCORM spec tells that LMSFinish() should close the "tracking session" not the content: the SCORM activity in Moodle does enforce no behavior but what the SCORM spec tells.

HTH,
Matteo

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Sander Rijken -

Right, but is there a way to achieve closing of the content from within the SCO?

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Joe Wieloch -

For minimal SCORM conformance, the only thing that a piece of content needs to do is call LMSInitialize() when it starts and then call LMSFinish() when it exits.

It's up to the SCORM container to decide what to do after a piece of content is finished.  In this case Moodle owns the SCORM container.