Block course overview : summary image not display

Block course overview : summary image not display

by Franck Ronzoni -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all,

With my Moodle 3.3, when I insert an image with tinyMCE editor in course summary (Edit course settings), the image is not displayed in the block course overview on the dashboard page. It displays only the filename surrounded by square brackets. 

Thanks,

Franck

The screenshot

Screenshoot

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Franck Ronzoni

Re: Block course overview : summary image not display

by Mei Ling -

Hi I'm facing the same problem as well. Any guys can provide solution? Thank you

In reply to Mei Ling

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Franck and Mel!

Currently this is the expected behaviour but there is an issue for improving it and display an image in the course overview block: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-58205. Please, feel free to vote, comment and/or come up with a patch wink

Cheers,

Sara

In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

by Helen Bound -

I also have the same issue, however whilst it's being resolved I've just gone back into my summary image and given it a more descriptive name so it appears more 'finished'. I guess there will be some who don't add a course overview image so there wont be anything there other than the course name and progress-meter.

Image showing course image file name

In reply to Helen Bound

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hopefull you can upgrade to 3.5 shortly and then the course images will display (or show a pattern if there is no image)

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Franck Ronzoni

by Dale Musselman -

We are also having this issue as we are just upgrading to 3.4.

To me, what is broken is the display of the file name, or alternately the image alt tag in brackets instead of file name if an alt tag exists. We understand not displaying the image here, but displaying code is not an acceptable alternative.