General developer forum

Thinking of activity...

Picture of Peter Eliyahu Kornfeld
Thinking of activity...

Hi,

There is a situation where a course has several resources on it (in a single section), including files, URLs, SCORMs, embedded movies and probably anything can be a module on section...

I want a confirmation from the user that he done (read, run, watch, solve) anything can be done (a kind of read and sign)...

I was looking for a ready-made plugin, but found none, so I was thinking to write some code...

I had two ideas on my mind...

1. An activity, that displays a checkbox and button directly on the section (instead a link to an other window)...
  2. A new course format, that filters out any activity except the new one, that will enable the confirmation...

I'm able to do the second type, but interested to do the firs if it is possible...

Can anyone point me to the right direction (or say NO), please?

Regards,

Peter

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Michael Aherne
Re: Thinking of activity...
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Sounds like you might be looking for activity completion: https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/Activity_completion

You may have to enable it in advanced features.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Thank you,

I was thinking more about a programmatic way, as I already have a submit button and a grade-item...

After more research I confirm that I was going to the wrong direction and activity completion is the answer for me - Thank You!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of Ciro Arthur

I was actually looking for something similar and found nothing. I wanted to upload a movie on ustvnow and wanted to know the completion of the activity from users.

I created something for internal use - based on the activity competition of moodle (as suggested)...

See attached image to get the feeling...