Question Type (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)

Question Type (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)

by Usman Kazi -
Number of replies: 9

Hi everyone 

I hope you all are fine and you are contributing a lot in education, we need support with regards to Microsoft (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) in moodle question type.

We want to develop detail descriptive responses / answers for (word, Excel & powerpoint) so we will develop they soft skills as well.

Please let me know is it possible in Moodle development framework.

Waiting for you response

Usman Kazi 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Usman Kazi

Re: Question Type (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. Could you give a few more details about what you are wanting to do/develop please? Thanks smile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Usman Kazi -
Thank you for your prompte response

We want to develop question type in which student have to develop their

skills for (report writing in word), (manage calculation in excel) and

create presentation in Powerpoint and teacher evaluate same they evaluate

descriptive questions

Regards

Usman Kazi

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 1:52 PM, Mary Cooch (via Moodle.org) <
In reply to Usman Kazi

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Usman, I am not clear if you mean you want to develop a new question type in the sense of being a programmer who writes PHP/Javascript code or if you mean you are looking for ideas as a teacher how you can best teach these things.

For example I am a developer and have developed a couple of question types one of which allows a teacher to create a passage of text and the student has to click on the correct words.

Are you wanting to develop new questions using existing Moodle question types?

In reply to Marcus Green

by Usman Kazi -

Hi 

We want our students create their assignments within moodle quiz exam, like we want students take 30 minute to write a business letter and teacher will mark its later, and similar we want student make chart of accounts (accounting) in excel, teacher will evaluate the answer later.

Just want to add word, excel and powerpoint capabilities in answer section and teacher will check it later and mark accordingly.

i am attaching some sample for your reference. 

Regards 

Usman Kazi

In reply to Usman Kazi

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Why can you  not simply use Moodle's assignment feature and the student uploads their Word/Excel file? Then the teacher can download it, check it and then grade the student?

You could even use MS Office online (I forget the actual name) but students can share their files with their teacher so the teacher can edit their file directly- like Google docs collaborative editing. And the student can add a link in an assignment.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Usman Kazi -
because we want to asses their skills within time frame because quiz having

limited time to answer, but assignment is something different.

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 11:12 PM, Mary Cooch (via Moodle.org) <
In reply to Usman Kazi

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Usman,

There is one question type that is spreadsheet based, https://moodle.org/plugins/qtype_type_calc_sheet, but I don't know if it will help you the way you want.

You do know that you can set Availability times such that you can have a time to open and time to close for the Assignment? Using that, you could have your students do as Mary suggested and create their work in Word/Excel/Power point, and then upload it.

There are a few Atto and TinyMCE editor formatting tools available when using an Essay type question, so it could be used for doing a "Business Letter" in a quiz.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Usman Kazi -
Hi Rachels

Thank you for your response.

Yes we did examine all these types but we want our student use single

window during quiz / exam, if we can bring google docs, sheets, slides that

will be great.

Regards

Usman Kazi

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 3:31 AM, AL Rachels (via Moodle.org) <
In reply to Usman Kazi

by AL Rachels -

Okay, I understand. I cannot help any with Google docs as I do not use them at all.