I participated in the moodle course and followed the video tutorials that walked us through backing up our Moodle and then restoring it.
I have had success with the process until it comes time to restore the Moodle I backed up. I get to the 'restore' area and try to "choose a file", it starts the process of uploading the file but never goes any further then the spinning circle.
If I drag and drop my file, it will load but when I click restore, it simply opens the same page with a red exclamation mark on the 'choose a file' box. I have repeated the process for the last 4 hours and even did another back up to make sure there wasn't a problem with the first one.
I am moving my Moodle to my personal site that is with hostgator. I followed another Youtube video that stepped through each step of the setup process, and it appears to have worked because I have a Moodle site on hostgator now. I was now trying to restore the Moodle site I created while working through the Moodle course.
I have attached a short video of what is happening in hopes that this will be helpful and maybe answer any questions quicker.
Thanks for any assistance you can be.
The file is 42,000 KBs. I can watch the load progress and when it finishes
at 100%, it just says "waiting for 'my website'".. and then it just sets
there and 'circle' after that.
On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:31 AM, Emma Richardson (via Moodle.org) <
Sorry, I missed the duration part. I have waited 45 min to an hour.
We spoke with Hostgator and the files were over the 100,000.. We removed many files and have it way under now but it is still doing the same thing when trying to restore it.
It is now 4 am the SECOND day I have not slept trying to get this moodle to restore.
We were told to reduce files (inodes were over the (100,000 soft limit, but the hard limit was 250,000). We removed files and got it around 85,000.
Tried again and it still didn't work. I tried many things including backing up the old course 4 times and repeatedly retrying the process.
I used the newest Moodle version (yes, I changed my PHP config to 7.0 before i started any of this).
After spending another hour getting Moodle on the host server, I gave the restore another shot and it is STILL doing the same thing. Uploads the file, as I can watch it hit 100% but when it goes to connect to the server, it just freezes. The path it is going to looks good. I followed a video tutorial every step of the way, and NOTHING went wrong this time (I had a few things to fix yesterday when I did it the first time, which is why I decided to try again from scratch today).
I don't know where to go from here.