Bootstrap 4 "Accordion" component

Bootstrap 4 "Accordion" component

by Bob Heckmann -
Number of replies: 3

I'm running MDL 3.31 with the Boost theme. I've entered html directly in the description field for one of my course categories, which consists of three (3) Bootstrap 4 Accordion blocks. 

Everything works as expected outside of Mdl (i.e. when the page is served via it's URL - www.domain.com/filename.html) but when when I click the accordion buttons on the version running in Mdl the "collapsible" behavior doesn't work as expected. The native behavior for the component is when a button is clicked any other open cards in that accordion set collapse so only one card is open at a time. In Mdl, open cards don't collapse when subsequent buttons are clicked.

Am I correct to assume the code should word the same in Mdl as it does on a regular html page or is that not the case?

Thanks,

Bob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob Heckmann

Re: Bootstrap 4 "Accordion" component

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You mean the 'Collapse' component, yes?

The Bootstrap js stuff appears to have been chopped up and included in a bunch of AMD modules in Boost. There is one for Collapse and I think the navbar uses it. 

The chances are that Atto is killing whatever HTML you are adding to the page. That's been my experience. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Bob Heckmann -

Correct, I meant 'Collapse'. Thanks for clarifying and thanks for replying.

In reply to Bob Heckmann

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

In the interests of not having duplicate posts, please continue here https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=365889 - where I have replied in detail and would not wish to lose that - and assume this post / thread is closed.

As a reminder to everyone to follow the rules please: https://moodle.org/mod/page/view.php?id=7080 - 'Post your question in one forum only'.