Turning off highlight on rollover

Turning off highlight on rollover

by Jenn Osborne -
Number of replies: 4

Hello! I'm using Moodle 3.4.1 with the MoodleCloud theme but with a few customized settings (I changed the accent color, link color, and added a different bg image). It seems now, though, that there's a blue highlight color whenever I rollover any of the courses on the front page, sometimes also within a lesson itself. How do I turn this off? I checked the forum, but the last solution given was from 5 years ago and it didn't work when I added it to that theme's CSS style sheet within the settings. Maybe I did it wrong? I have only a basic knowledge of coding, so it's possible I copied it into the wrong place. Help?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jenn Osborne

Re: Turning off highlight on rollover

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, 

Can you remember what you added?

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Jenn Osborne -

Hi,

Do you mean within the CSS text box? Yes, I added the code below from the forum response 5 years ago. I added this under Site Administration/Appearance/Themes/Moodlecloud in the 'Custom CSS' field.

.sitetopic .section .activity:hover,
.course-content .section .activity:hover { background: none;}

What's strange to me, though, is before I customized any of the settings, there was no rollover color. And I didn't change anything in the code itself before adding the tentative solution from above.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

In reply to Jenn Osborne

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Change it to...

.sitetopic .section .activity:hover,
.course-content .section .activity:hover {
    background-color: transparent;
}

That should fix it!

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Jenn Osborne -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the altered code. I switched out the other code with this and it still doesn't seem to be taking care of the issue throughout the site. It's even doing this blue rollover action on the response review page which is annoying (see screenshot). Is there a certain place within that CSS code that this should be copied in? I still don't know why it started doing a rollover in the first place.

Thanks!

Jennifer