Quiz Permission for Parent role

Quiz Permission for Parent role

by Premath Menezes -
Number of replies: 4
I have created a Parent role and assigned it to respective child.

I want to provide permission for the Parent role to assign (enable) quiz in a course. (I do not want the parent role to make  any other changes except they enable the quiz so that the child can attempt the quiz.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Premath Menezes

Re: Quiz Permission for Parent role

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. I think this would be difficult to do with the standard parent role as they are not supposed to be enrolled in courses and in order to add a quiz they would need to be enrolled in a course with editing permissions. Perhaps if you could give more details about your course setup and why you need a parent to do this and not a teacher, or using Restrict access for example, we could offer some suggestions or workarounds?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Premath Menezes -
Thank you Mary,

I have created a course with topics and under each topic are several quizzes. During the School academic year, parents assist their child to study and prepare for the midterm and final exams. Parent have to spend considerable time to prepare their own assessments or orally ask questions to check their child's progress (at home).

To assist the parents, I have prepared quizzes for them to administer it whenever they need to. E.g. If the Child has completed studying Topic 1, the parent can enable the quiz i.e. Start date and end date and subsequently grade them.

The parent do not need to create or edit a quiz, rather they have enable (On/off) the quiz and grade.

Note: The child attends regular school and have to study from Textbooks. The online quizzes are to assist parents help their child. 

In reply to Premath Menezes

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Might I make a suggestion that would work as you wish but doesn't require any complex editing of roles?

Add passwords to the quizzes and tell the parents the passwords. Then when a child is ready to do a particular quiz, the parent simply gives the child the password for that quiz and they can do it. No extra permissions are necessary.

However, I am not sure what you mean by "grade quizzes". What question types are you using that need grading?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Premath Menezes -

Thank you Mary. The suggestion to use passwords is a good idea and is convenient.

I plan to include essay questions. Hence parents will  need to review the answers and grade them manually.