Essential - FitVids with videos embedded in matching-type questions' answers

Essential - FitVids with videos embedded in matching-type questions' answers

by Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi there,

We're using Moodle 3.1.10 and 3.4.1 with the latest Essential for each (3.1.1.12 (Build: 2016061721) and 3.4.0.1 (Build: 2017102900)), and I've noticed that when FitVids is enabled Youtube videos embedded in a matching-type questions' answer are not shown, and when disabling FitVids they are shown correctly.

The video shows up correctly with FitVids on these cases:
- The video is embedded in the matching-type questions' text
- The video is embedded in a multiple choice type questions' text and answer

It seems to me that there is a issue with FitVids and matching-type questions' answers, isn't it? If so, is there any way to fix or workaround this issue without disabling FitVids?

Cheers.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai

Re: Essential - FitVids with videos embedded in matching-type questions' answers

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, 

Can you post an image of the correct view and one of the FixVid view that you see,

to give us an idea of what is happening?

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Er: Re: Essential - FitVids with videos embedded in matching-type questions' answers

by Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mary,

This is what happens:

I have a quiz with matching-type questions, and it those questions you have to match a Youtube video with a concept.

This is how you see one of those questions with Essential and FitVids disabled:

Matching-type question with Youtube videos embedded in answers and FitVids disabled

But this is how it shows when I enable FitVids:

Matching-type question with Youtube videos embedded in answers and FitVids ENabled