CSS on moodle

CSS on moodle

by Samuel Pérez -
Number of replies: 4

I´m new on moodle :S i had a problem with moodle v3.x, i put x because i  dont know exactly what version it is due to its installed in my work and im trying to understand it... 
My problem is that i dont know where is the css file but not to touch moodle theme just to save some type of tables etc so i dont have to repeat code over and over. The code is used on the html of the books etc...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Samuel Pérez

Re: CSS on moodle

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Hi Samuel,

If you are using the Moodle as an Administrator then you can be able to find the Moodle version from Site administrator>Notifications

Can you please explain what you want to achieve by using the CSS file and your problems in more details?

If it is related to some theme customization from front-end without going to the code then check your theme settings from Site administrator> Appearance> Your theme

Check if the theme has given an area to write your own css.

In reply to S. kavita

by Samuel Pérez -
I'm not an administrator :s, I just can modify courses etc... my problem is that when I create something (a book or something) and I need to do many tables (for example) I had to paste over and over the code of the table with the atributs and is really annoying. Is there any css specific of that course that I can modify so that I only need to put the Id when I creat the table 
In reply to Samuel Pérez

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

I don't think it is possible but let's see if anyone can help on this

In reply to Samuel Pérez

by C Behan -

Well you will of course need to ask the site admin to enter it in to the theme's settings custom css field, but you can specify css for a particular course alright. 

Say your course id is 123 and you want to style all tables in that course only to have a red background, the css would be like 

.course-123 table {background-color:red;}

If that's not possible there is another solution. But tread very carefully because you could make a mess of your whole course if you make a small mistake. This should be a last resort.

• Change your preferred text editor to plain text
  • Add a block on your course page, and set it to show on all pages within your course
  • Add an open and close tags: <style> </style>. This is where you have to be very careful because if you forget to close that style tag, delete it accidentally etc., you could create a situation where you can't do anything on your course page and the only way to resolve it would be to backup your course without blocks and create a new course page.
  • Within the style tags enter your style i.e. table {background-color:red;}