Relating Category to Class

Relating Category to Class

by Twahir Hussein Kassim -
Number of replies: 1

I am in the process of connecting public schools to the net. One of my goals is to introduce blended learning.

The Kenyan system of education has 8 years for Primary school, whereby the same subjects are taught across the years with increased details and topic coverage in the higher classes.

The classes are from Standard 1 through to 8. In Moodle lingo could I put these as categories? Thus we would have the following categories:-

1. Standard 1
  2. Standard 2
  3. Standard 3
  4. Standard 4
  5. Standard 5
  6. Standard 6
  7. Standard 7
  8. Standard 8

Subjects are; Maths, Science, English, Kiswahili, Social Studies and Religious Education. These appear to fit in to Courses in Moodle, however we have 8 difference syllabuses for each subject. Would it then be prudent to have each subject as a subcategory and then have different courses for each year within the subcategory? Thus have the following subcategories:-

1. Maths
  2. Science
  3. English
  4. Kiswahili
  5. Social Studies
  6. Religious Education

Within each subcategory then have courses for the different classes eg Maths 1, Maths 2..... Maths 8.

Would guidance on this structure.

Thanks

Twahir

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Twahir Hussein Kassim

Re: Relating Category to Class

by Farhan Karmali -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi

I hope I have understood your use case correctly, I would say it really depends on how different are your syllabus . If Maths1 and Math2 are only slightly different , maybe you could have separate groups within the course Maths and then use restrict activities for which group gets access to which activity