e-mail notifications to teachers when student completes a quiz

e-mail notifications to teachers when student completes a quiz

by Lisa Turner -
Number of replies: 2

Hello

I'm having trouble setting up e-mail notifications to teachers when a student completes a quiz.

I've read these instructions but I can't find the  "capability mod/quiz:emailnotifysubmission" 

or where I can click the add button. that option isn't selected on my system. 

I want to do it site wide.  but can' find how to do it individually either!

Thanks in advance

Lisa

Allow Quiz notification messages to teachers

To do this for an individual quiz, go to: Administration > Quiz administration > Permissions

This may also be done on the site level by the administrator in Administration > Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles > Teacher

1. In the Capability column under Activity: Quiz find the capability mod/quiz:emailnotifysubmission
  2. Click on the +
  3. On the next screen, select Teacher and click "Allow"

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lisa Turner

Re: e-mail notifications to teachers when student completes a quiz

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

1) Click on an existing quiz. Depending on your theme you will either see  Permissions in the Quiz admin block to the side or you will need to click the cogwheel/gear icon top right when you are inside the quiz to access Permissions

2) Type  "email" in the filter and then click the + against the emailnotifysubmission

Permissions in quiz

(I will edit the docs now; thanks)

If you want to do it sitewide, then 

1)as an administrator, from Site administration find the Define roles page and click Teacher. 

2) Click the Edit button to edit the role

3)Again scroll down to the filter, type in "email" to locate the correct one you want and tick Allow.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: e-mail notifications to teachers when student completes a quiz

by Lisa Turner -

That's brilliant!

thank you

Lisa