I'm having trouble setting up e-mail notifications to teachers when a student completes a quiz.
I've read these instructions but I can't find the "capability mod/quiz:emailnotifysubmission"
or where I can click the add button. that option isn't selected on my system.
I want to do it site wide. but can' find how to do it individually either!
Thanks in advance
Allow Quiz notification messages to teachers
To do this for an individual quiz, go to: Administration > Quiz administration > Permissions
This may also be done on the site level by the administrator in Administration > Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles > Teacher
- In the Capability column under Activity: Quiz find the capability mod/quiz:emailnotifysubmission
- Click on the +
- On the next screen, select Teacher and click "Allow"
1) Click on an existing quiz. Depending on your theme you will either see Permissions in the Quiz admin block to the side or you will need to click the cogwheel/gear icon top right when you are inside the quiz to access Permissions
2) Type "email" in the filter and then click the + against the emailnotifysubmission
(I will edit the docs now; thanks)
If you want to do it sitewide, then
1)as an administrator, from Site administration find the Define roles page and click Teacher.
2) Click the Edit button to edit the role
3)Again scroll down to the filter, type in "email" to locate the correct one you want and tick Allow.