moodle mobile app customization

moodle mobile app customization

by Raymond Artin -
Number of replies: 5

dears, 

i have copied your repo https://github.com/moodlehq/moodlemobile-phonegapbuild/tree/master 

and changed all my images and resources, then  when i built it with phone gap and tested it on my phone it loads my custom splash screen then shows a white screen ,then reload with the moodle splash which is weird as i removed all the images related to moodle ... 

please help me spot the issue 

here is my repo https://github.com/raymondhani/BUEAPP  i need only an android version for now 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raymond Artin

Re: moodle mobile app customization

by Madhav Deshpande -

Hello reymond,

I am facing the same problem.

I am building the app with Phonegap and have followed the instructions in the document to the last t. 

And yet, 

1. even after assigning correct site URL, the app continues to ask me the URL (does not go to my site directly)

2. Just as you described, I see my splash screen followed by a white screen and then the moodle splash screen. However, moodle splash screen does shoe my PNG file that I replaced for moodle_white.png.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

In reply to Madhav Deshpande

by behnaz ranjbar -

same problem have you found a way?

In reply to behnaz ranjbar

by Raymond Artin -

i found out that the normal app does the same thing, one the screens is a splash screen and the other is an html implemented code, i cannot remember the location of the file as i stopped customizing it a while ago to lack of support.

In reply to Raymond Artin

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

sorry for the delay in answering, it's been some crazy months lately.

Our app has an initialization step that can take a while depending on the device, the network connection and the status of the app. Sometimes the default splash screen time wasn't enough, so we created our HTML splash screen to be displayed in that case. We increased the splash screen time so this second splash isn't seen, but in some cases and devices it's still seen.

This second splash is called the "init page" and you can find it in: src/core/login/pages/init.

After modifying the config.json file you need to run gulp so changes are applied.

Also, remember to compile the app after doing any change in the app's files. Here are some of the commands that compile the app:

ionic serve

ionic cordova run android

ionic cordova build ios

Cheers,

Dani

Average of ratings: Useful (2)