Paiment for Moodle

Paiment for Moodle

by matt sharp -
Number of replies: 5

Hi All,

I have a question about Moodle paiment.  I wanted to extend 200MB and pay with Paypal when a message came up that said "...The money will automatically be taken from your account every year"

How is this possible?

What are the consequences if I stop using Moodle?

(I initially contacted Moodle by email for support but it's been a week now so I thought I'd ask here)

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to matt sharp

Re: Paiment for Moodle

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Firstly, this is the place for free support, not by email. If you need paid support, please speak to a Moodle Partner. 

The only built in payment plugin is Paypal which is quite limited. 

There are other solutions that generally integrate Moodle with an eCommerce platform. WooCommerce is quite a common one.

In reply to matt sharp

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Matt - are you talking about the MoodleCloud options here? Did you get one of these? https://moodlecloud.com/app/en/

Have you seen the MoodleCloud FAQ here?

If you don't want to use  your MoodleCloud site in future years, you can either just leave it or you can export the whole site to use somewhere else.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by matt sharp -
Hello!

The thing is, I am on a free MOodle teaching website and it's now full. (200MB or whatever it is, are full of my courses)

I am told I have to purchase to extend the space on my Moodle.

But then it says that every year I'm expected to pay.
In reply to matt sharp

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well Matt, if you are on the free MoodleCloud site then the links I gave you before will give you the details. You only have 200 MB space because you are expected to make links to your documents from other places online like Google drive, Dropbox or YouTube - and you can still do that if you want. You can get rid of your 200 MB by putting some of your files somewhere else  and then you can keep the free site. But if you prefer to have more storage space then, according to the MoodleCloud rules you will have to pay.

I just want to add by the way that Moodle software IS actually entirely free and open source to anyone who wants it and is able to install it on a server. You do still have to pay for the hosting. MoodleCLoud is just a quick and easy (official) way of having this done for you so you can focus on the teaching.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)