Klass v1.3's slideshow does not start

Klass v1.3's slideshow does not start

by Frankie Kam -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi All

My website is at http://www.cfpscourseweb.com/
I am using theme Klass v1.3 (2016110400). My slider's slideshow does not work. It is stuck at the first image and will not transition to the next image. Please help! BTW, is Klass Version 1.2 not available for download? It may help if I use an earlier version of Klass. My Moodle version is $version = 2013111811.00; $release = '2.6.11 (Build: 20150511)';

The strange thing is if I manually click the "Load Next slide >" button on the right of the slider, the slideshow starts! Strange.

But I need the slideshow to work automatically once my Moodle site's frontpage loads. Need a little help here. How can I simulate a mouse-click on that "Next slide" link which link is http://www.cfpscourseweb.com/#home-page-carousel
upon the frontpage loading up?

Cheers,
Frankie Kam.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frankie Kam

Re: Klass v1.3's slideshow does not start

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It depends on which slideshow code is being used?

If Bootstrapbase is parent then it's probably Bootstrap 2.2 if using Moodle 2.6 so may need extra js file which Gareth wrote.

Ill post a link to it from my GitHub.

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Further to the link I pointed to in my last comment here.

The ID you need to add is  'home-page-carousel'

Also you need to store the file as klass.js and also add the file name to the

$THEME->javascript_footer = array('theme', 'klass');

In the klass/config.php file...

Hope this helps?

Dont forget to purge tgene cash 

In reply to Mary Evans

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mary

Thank you for the detailed help. I've tried it. So far the carousel still refuses to budge beyond the first image. I'm quite sure the carousel is Bootstrap-based. Here's what I've done:

#1. I've edited gologo.js.
At Line 21 I added in the id '#home-page-carousel'.
I renamed the file from gologo.js to klass.js.

#2. I have uploaded klass.js to the /theme/klass/layout subfolder

#3. I've edited the /klass/config.php by adding in the javascript footer line.

#4. I've cleared by Moodle cache 5 times.

Still no go. Not sure what I am doing wrong. It's really strange. If I were to click on either the "load left image" or "load right image", the carousel activates.

Regards
Frankie Kam