Cannot duplicate quiz activities Moodle 3.3.4+

Cannot duplicate quiz activities Moodle 3.3.4+

by Yvonne Hamilton -
Number of replies: 11

Hi,

we have upgraded from Moodle 3.1 to 3.3.4+ and find that we cannot duplicate quizzes using the duplicate function under Edit icon anymore.

I cannot duplicate any quizzes in any courses.  Newly created quizzes or old quizzes.

I have tried: deleting all question bank questions and categories, changing themes, changing course formats, resetting the course, moving the activity into another section, removing any additional restrictions from the quizzes, deleting additional blocks from the course page.

Backing up and restoring the course recreates the quizzes but it is still not able to be duplicated in the new course(s). Using One topic format to duplicate an entire section copies everything but the quiz. 

The weird thing is a can add to sharing cart and and download it again into the same or different course.

The are not debug errors when clicking on duplicate and the page flashes as if trying to duplicate but nothing happens. Other activities and resources are able to be duplicated however.

When deleting a quiz with questions from the courses question bank I get this debug error:

SyntaxError

When deleting a quiz with no questions the error doesn't come up at all. But again, even a new empty quiz will not duplicate.

Can anyone help please as the problem is system wide.

Quiz module version is 2017051500

Regards,

Yvonne

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yvonne Hamilton

Re: Cannot duplicate quiz activities Moodle 3.3.4+

by Yvonne Hamilton -

Can anyone help with this? Where can I start troubleshooting this?

Regards,

Yvonne

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What exactly happens when you try to duplicate?  With debugging on, what is the error message?

Have you checked permissions?  Tried upgrading again?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Yvonne Hamilton -

Hi Emma,

all my troubleshooting was listed in the initial post. No errors with Debugging. It's not permissions as there is no separate and individual capability in roles for duplicate activities that I am aware of....it is obviously bundled with wider edit capabilities.  On a live system with 1000's of users we cannot upgrade again.

I need a starting point in the DB where I could look for some setting that relates to duplication for particular activities.

Regards,

Y

by Vinny Stocker -
Picture of Plugin developers
How did you get on Yvonne? Did you resolve the issue? 

We have something similar on a 3.3.4+ site we look after. It occurs when duplicating activities. 

I also noticed this bug report here https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-60604

I'll try to troubleshoot ours in the next few days and post anything I find here. One suggestion was third party plugins causing it. 

Vinny

In reply to Vinny Stocker

by Yvonne Hamilton -

Hi Vinny,

I haven't found the answer. We don't get Json errors when trying to duplicate, just when deleting, and it is only the quiz activity that will not copy, not all activities.

I haven't had much time to follow up but will keep you posted if I find more info in the next week or so.

Did you get anywhere?

Regards,

Yvonne

by Vinny Stocker -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Yvonne,

There was a conflict with a third party plugin. So if you have any, try going through your plugins disabling them one at a time to see if one is the cause. 

Vinny

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Vinny Stocker

by Yvonne Hamilton -

Hi Vinny,

Could you please let me know which 3rd party plugin was causing you problems as I still cannot isolate this yet. This additional info would be helpful.

Regards,

Yvonne

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Do you have full developer debugging on?  I think this might give you more information and maybe even point to the plugin in question.  You might start with question types - do you have any add on question types?

by Augusto Luiz da Costa Schnorr -

Hi, Yvonne!

I see you haven't post any solution to that problem so I imagine you have never figured it out.

I went through the same issue trying to duplicate any quiz and nothing happening at all, not even in debug mode. But I found out that the config backup_import_questionbank was deactivated and after enabling it the duplication works just fine.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Augusto

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Augusto Luiz da Costa Schnorr

by sundarapandian madhvan -

Hi ,

In where  backup_import_questionbank will be located in the moodle.

Kindly provide  the steps to resolve the issue.

In reply to sundarapandian madhvan

by Augusto Luiz da Costa Schnorr -

Hi, Sundarapandian,

In the site administration page you can search for a key term, using the search bar. Just type (or copy/paste) backup_import_questionbank into the search form to locate that setting.

Best regards,

Augusto

Average of ratings: Useful (2)