BETT - Manning the stand

BETT - Manning the stand

by Val Brooks -
Number of replies: 1

As many of you know, the HUGTOB team has been working hard to raise funds to be able to have a presence at BETT in January, and as a result of donations and support of the Moodle community (thank you ALL very much) we can now confirm that Moodle will be repesented on Stand SW154 so please come and visit us if you are at BETT.

I have posted this attachment in the forum at www.helpusgetotbett.com but we would also welcome any other offers of help to mann the stand, even for just one hour. If any of you feel able to help out, please fill in the attached spreadsheet and send it back to me (val@vbrooks.co.uk) before Christmas so that I can collate  all the offers of help.

Part of the work going on in the background also includes the development of a liveCD which will be given out to visitors to the stand and Miles Berry sends the following message too:

"If there are any materials you'd like us to try to include on the liveCD, I wonder if you could forward them on, ideally as Moodle backups, to mgberry@gmail.com . Obviously, you should own the copyright to any materials you forward, and be willing to have them distributed under a creative commons, attribution, non-commerical, share-alike licence. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/) We'd like the stuff by Friday 23rd December.

If you have any queries with respect to the liveCD please contact Miles direct.

Have a wonderful Christmas and we look forward to seeing you at BETT in January.

Best wishes

Val

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Val Brooks

Re: BETT - Manning the stand

by Drew Buddie -

Great posts Val. 

I'd like to add to that our heartfelt thanks to those of you who have supported our efforts thus far - you are all stars.  However, it is still possible to support us either by buying Mugs - you can buy those from me or other items designed by the great Julian Ridden.

We are alsp still open to donations big or small.  You can rest assured that your money will make a difference as it is allowing a COMMUNITY Moodle stand to be present at the Bett show. 

We REALLY feel that from this presence will spring a great deal of interest from educational establishments all over the place.  So it would be great for those of you who still  want to contribute (wherever in the world you may be) to be seen to be associated with the stand and our great campaign to raise the profile of Moodle in the UK.