LDAP Authentication Problem

LDAP Authentication Problem

by Tamar Alania -
Number of replies: 14

Hello,

I am trying to make an AD integration with my moodle page. In LDAP authentication it says that process is successful. But when I am trying to sing in with user from Active Directory It does not work (does not show any error messages).

The user's authentication method I try to login is LDAP not manual. 

Thanks a lot

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tamar Alania

Re: LDAP Authentication Problem

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So it says incorrect login?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Tamar Alania -

Yes

In reply to Tamar Alania

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You say the user is set to ldap so they have logged in before?  Or are you trying to sync ldap with existing accounts?  In which case, the password is probably conflicted between moodle and ldap.

by Tamar Alania -
Emma, thank you for your response. I try to delete the user and register it with LDAP authentication, but result was the same.
In reply to Tamar Alania

by Tamar Alania -

I should not indicate any password when I register a users with LDAP authentication, am i right?

In reply to Tamar Alania

by Emma Richardson -

Are you creating the user manually in Moodle?  Why are you doing that?  When the user logs in, it will create the account...

by Tamar Alania -

I try it as well, but it does not work anyway. 

In reply to Tamar Alania

by Tamar Alania -

Apart from the moodle's side, what should be done from server's side?

In reply to Tamar Alania

by Emma Richardson -

You are going to have to give us a lot more information.  Nothing should have to be done on the server side as long as your bind user has the necessary access to the user accounts that you are trying to connect to.

If your users are already in Moodle, then you need to make sure that you have the settings correct for them to log in.  Specifically the password.  If the system is set up to update the ldap server with info from Moodle, then your moodle passwords might have overwritten the ldap passwords.

If Moodle is telling you login info is incorrect, there are few scenarios that might be happening.

1.  The login info is incorrect.  Can you log into the ldap server with the same credentials you are trying to enter in Moodle?  Or to another application that has ldap access.  Have you tried resetting the password in the ldap server and then seeing if you can log in?

2.  You have the settings wrong.  Post a screenshot here with any identifying info blacked out.  Is this Microsoft Active Directory?  Did you follow the instructions for setting it up correctly?

3.  You keep saying the user is showing as ldap in Moodle.  Do you need to map your ldap accounts to existing users?  Or are these new users?  If they are new users, delete the moodle account and then try to log into moodle with the ldap username and password.

by Tamar Alania -

Emma, thank you very much for your responses.

1. I will check it.

2.please check my image.

3. I tried both cases. In the first case, I delete a user from the moodle (which is registered in AD) and try to log in with the user. In the second case, I register the user (which is also in AD), I chose LDAP authentication in the authentication method, dont initiate any password and after this try to log in with the user. In the both cases the result was the same.

Attachment Capture.PNG
In reply to Tamar Alania

by Tamar Alania -

Second OU and DC are the have the same names.

Attachment dist.PNG
In reply to Tamar Alania

by Tamar Alania -

also test settings say that everything is correct. (you can see that on the picture)

Attachment test.PNG
In reply to Tamar Alania

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Tamar,

according to the settings image, your users are inside ou=mail_users,dc=XXXX,dc=ge organizational unit (OU). Are they in that OU exactly, or do you have sub-organizational units where the users are actually located? I say this because in the image, the 'Search subcontexts' setting is set to 'No', which means Moodle won't look for users inside the sub-OUs, just in the specified OU. If you have users in sub-OUs, change that setting to 'Yes' and see if now your users can log in.

Saludos. Iñaki.

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Tamar Alania -

Hi IñakI,

Thank you so much for your helping. It's working!