Downgrade from 2.2 to 2.1

Downgrade from 2.2 to 2.1

by Panayiotis Papachiou -
Number of replies: 3
We installed the upgrade to 2.2 without realizing the changes to the recordings plugin.  As a result old recording are not available.  Is there a way to go back to 2.1 and restore recordings functionality.

Thanks a lot,
Panayiotis

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Panayiotis Papachiou

Re: Downgrade from 2.2 to 2.1

by Antonios Na -

Hi Panayiotis,

I can't really answer your question but I can contribute a bit because I am trying this plugin at the moment. Do not uninstall the plugin by any chance, because you will lose the table with the relevant information (recording names etc). Why do not you try the following scenario:

On a dev server (not on your live Moodle), remove the folder mod/bigbluebuttonbn and 'wget' and 'unzip' the version you want, in mod/. Then, check if this works for you in order to apply it on the live one.

Best wishes,
Antony

In reply to Antonios Na

by Panayiotis Papachiou -

Thanks for the suggestion. 

I tried it and copied the 2.1 version but it failed on startup.  It detects the 2.2 version and offers to upgrade again.  No other choice is available.

Panayiotis

In reply to Panayiotis Papachiou

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi there,

First of all, yes. DON'T uninstall RecordingsBN (yet) nor BigBlueButtonBN.

There is no easy way to downgrade BigBlueButtonBN as there are some changes to the database. I haven't confirmed it, but I am guessing that some of them will make v2.1.x fail.

Anyways, the ideal solution is to migrate the current RecordingsBN instances in your Moodle server by creating a corresponding BigBlueButtonBN one (with the same name) in the same courses/sections.

This is because as you may have noticed, BigBlueButtonBN includes the functionality RecordingsBN used to have. Which is to show in one instance all the recordings that belong to a course. 

Within the new version you would need to add a BigBlueButtonBN and configure it to act as a resource by selecting the type "Recordings Only" when adding it to your course. So the only noticeable difference will be the icon. 

Right now all the migration has to be done manually, which may be painful if you have a large number of RecordingsBN instances already.

Well all this you may have figured out already, so my contribution here is a new version (v1.3.3 or 2016051907) of the RecordingsBN plugin.

It is not released yet but it is available in the github repository https://github.com/blindsidenetworks/moodle-mod_recordingsbn/archive/master.zip

This version includes an option only available to Administrators for migrating the RecordingsBN instances into BigBlueButtonBN ones. See screen caps attached.

Now, if you can please give it a try and give us your feedback so we can proceed to fix whatever you find or to release it right away, that would be very much appreciated..

Thanks,

JF

Attachment Screenshot from 2018-02-08 13-49-38.png
Attachment Screenshot from 2018-02-08 13-49-52.png