I'm currently doing a research to find the "best" collaboration platform for schools.
By using the excellent Moodle documentation and trying the demo with different roles I was able to already answer most of my questions. However there are features I'd like to have but I'm still unsure if Moodle can provide them (without 3rd party (other products, plugins)):
- Does Moodle come with a task component (I'm not tasking about the API for programmers but about the ability to create tasks for teachers).
- Moodle provides the ability to work with files. Is it possible to add tags to files? Is it possible to do a "deep search" for specific files? Are there any features to deal with files containing sensitive information?
- Is there something like a news module?
- Is there a module helping me with the timetables and the excam schedule?
- Can I use Moodle to distribute software to other systems?
- Can I use the Moodle accounts for WLAN authentication?
- Does Moodle come with Instant Messaging function (I didn't find it and only found a plugin)?
Thank you in advance,