Seeking Anyone who host Moodles on Rackspace ....

Re: Seeking Anyone who host Moodles on Rackspace ....

by Ken Task -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Thanks for response!!!    Situation is such that I contract with a guy that pays the RS bills then charges clients for hosting the Moodles (am 'technical support) ... two servers had to undergo an upgrade to the OS (CentOS 5 to 6 - 7 was too new at the time) and one *requirement* was same IP - NO DNS changes.   Reason for that, corp outsources their IT to another corp ... including their DNS.  To solve an issue with EMail a earlier request was made to this outsourced IT company for the addition of SPF records that included the RS hosted Moodle(s).  No biggy ... takes all of 5 minutes to do that (I know, cause I used to admin DNS servers).  The outsourced IT company refused to do so with justification that they didn't manage the servers hosted on RS.  The Training department decided it was not worth kicking the issue upstairs to get it done.

So now it looks like I might have to explain to these folks why they might need to move to Amazon or Google ... they don't like change ... of any kind.  

IF the person I contract with has gotten any notifications/suggestions from RS, I've not been privy to it.  Think he'd like to 'stay in the middle' .... it's making some $'s for him.

Such is IT now-a-days ... change the only constant. ;)

'spirit of sharing', Ken