Trouble with the My Courses menu

Trouble with the My Courses menu

by Richard Moore -
Number of replies: 2

I am having trouble with the My Courses Menu on the side menu  This is a live site so I also have a second free version of Moodle cloud to try things out on as a testing environent,

The issue

Neither Admins nor Enrolled participants can see their course listed under the My Courses tab.  What I would like to do is to either 

a) Remove the My courses listing from the block menu.  I have achieved this on the UAT environment by using 

Admin - > plugins - > blocks -> Courses -> (ticking) hide all course link and logging in as a participant  But its not working on the live environment I continue to get an empty list .  Other settings look identical?

b) Configure my courses so that they appear on that list.  I cant see how to do this having searched around for a couple of hours.  Being Moodle cloud there is limited access to editing themes (quite rightly)

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Moore

Re: Trouble with the My Courses menu

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

OK so.. a few things to check..

• Admins won't by default see anything in the My courses link because they automatically have acess to all courses. You need to enrol them as teachers into a course (althought arguably if they are going to be teaching they should have a separate login)
  • A usual reason correctly enrolled participants don't see their courses in the My courses tab is that the course start date is the future (or the end)

No need to edit themes

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Trouble with the My Courses menu

by Richard Moore -
Mary

That's very helpful, I have not set a start or end date , so will give that a go.

Thanks very much  for responding.