Setting up Gradebook to give "Competency" after meeting a set of rules - Help needed

Setting up Gradebook to give "Competency" after meeting a set of rules - Help needed

by Frans-Petrus Zeelie -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Co-Moodlers,

I've been trying to setup a Gradebook in one of our courses where the second last block needs to determine overall competency, based on certain criteria being met.

I've been playing with the features for a while, using all kinds of formulas, but I do not get the desired outcome.

I have included a screenshot of my current setup and here is the explanation of what needs to happen:

The Final Exam Total, the Highest Summative Assessment total, and the Highest Formative Assessment total must each be above 50% in order to achieve overall competency.

It cannot be the average between the three, each one of them needs to be a minimum of 50%.

I'm trying to use a competency scale to, at the end of all grades captured, either state the student is "Competent" or "Not yet competent".

Does anyone know how the formula needs to be, what settings need to be used, or perhaps any other advise as I've tried numerous combinations and just cannot get Moodle to give the desired outcome.

Hope to hear from you soon. smile

Kind Regards,

Frans-Petrus Zeelie

Attachment Capture.JPG