Bug! HTML Block - Display type Any Page - Redirects first time self enrolled user to image in block

Bug! HTML Block - Display type Any Page - Redirects first time self enrolled user to image in block

by Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla -
Number of replies: 4

Create a course with self enrollment having a key for students.

Create HTML Block with an image, set the block to display on any page.

Use a student/dummy account to self enrol into the above course.

on clicking enrol me, the page redirects to open the last image used within the above created html block, it doesnot go to the course!

correct behaviour should be going to the course and not the image of the block.

This has been tested with the latest moodle version on demo.moodle.net

Please help solving this problem,

Thankyou,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla

Re: Bug! HTML Block - Display type Any Page - Redirects first time self enrolled user to image in block

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

If it’s a bug, it’s best to report it in the Tracker - https://tracker.moodle.org/

In reply to Jon Bolton

Re: Bug or not! HTML Block - Display type Any Page - Redirects first time self enrolled user to image in block

by Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla -

Not sure whether this is a bug, or there is some setting problems

Need a solution please

I tried posting on the given link, but it says please explore our site first for problems and its not allowing to post.

In reply to Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla

Re: Bug or not! HTML Block - Display type Any Page - Redirects first time self enrolled user to image in block

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Following the steps above exactly, I could not replicate this issue on https://demo.moodle.net

Did you log out as admin and log back in as the student, or did you use "Switch Role To..."?

It might be worth you logging in as admin on one browser and student on another browser to test properly. I didn't do that though - it worked as expected after logging out as admin and logging back in as student.