General developer forum

CRON and CVS enrolment (flat file)

Picture of Yann Boivin
CRON and CVS enrolment (flat file)

Hello!

Our Moodle is 2.7 and we were using CSV enrolment through the CRON. Since a week, it doesn't work anymore. It's like if the CRON doesn't even try to enrol students in courses. It does all other tasks, but no trace of flat file enrolment anymore.
I made plenty of tests (change the file directory, etc.) but as there's no log...

Have you ever experiment that? Do you know where I could look at that (I don't know very well how works that kind of task in the CRON, as it's not a typical scheduled task)?

We work on Windows server.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Yann

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Dale Davies
Re: CRON and CVS enrolment (flat file)

It could be that a plugin is failing during the cron process and stopping it from executing further.

Do you have the output of your cron process dumped to a file? Check to make sure the cron process is definitely finishing.

If you've not got this set up already, you can do that in linux like so...

*/1 * * * * /usr/bin/php  /var/www/my.website/html/admin/cli/cron.php > /home/username/my.website_cron.log

Picture of Yann Boivin

Thank you Dale,

I'll try to figure how to transpose that in Windows (and get the .log cron file). But the log in the browser (when I launch manually the CRON) seems terminate normally (maybe there's more information in the log file...) 

Anyway, I think the fact a plugin may be falling is a good direction to investigate.

Thanks again,

Yann

Picture of Dale Davies

Sorry, I missed the part about it being a Windows server. Although I'd expect the output in the browser when manually running the CRON to be the same to be honest. 

If you've not already, it would be worth checking the Scheduled Tasks admin page too...

https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Scheduled_tasks