Moodle V/s OpenEdx

Re: Moodle V/s OpenEdx

by Dom F -
Number of replies: 0

I know its been ages since this thread Frank, but Im really keen to understand the comparison betwene the two when it comes to a major problem Ive run into with Moodle, which is operating a small (dozen or so) courses shared amongst hundreds or thousands or small cand separate classes (groups of learners - about 20-30 per class) With moodle the groups methods of managing large numbers of identical but separately learning school-class groups breaks down (if anyone has ever tried using moodles drop down combo controls when the list box runs beyond a few dozen or a few hundred - they will know how I feel)

So open EdX is better at simply large numbers like the mooc model (a cohort of thousands using a course) or can it ALSO handle hundreds or thousands of GROUPS (classes) learning and studying separately and invisibly within that "mooc-style" course? (Or can it do both)

BTW and FWIW - I found canvas custom styling to be impossible since it doesnt permit styling and CSS theming in the way moodle does.. I assume Open Edx has the same limitations?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)