Complete eliminate all categories in a test bank

Complete eliminate all categories in a test bank

by Tasneem Ashraf -
Number of replies: 4

I want to completely eliminate ALL of the categories and questions currently in a test bank for a course. Can I do that?  I want it to be empty, so that when I import the new one that is all that is there.

Please guide what is the best way to do so?

I am using Moodle version 3.2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tasneem Ashraf

Re: Complete eliminate all categories in a test bank

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you are restoring this to another course, there is an option to not include the question bank which would take care of it for you.  Or you can just go to the question bank from the course and delete them there.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Tasneem Ashraf -

Thanks, this is what I am ending up doing.  I am assisting an instructor for this task and I gave her the option of unchecking the test bank the next time we do a course copy.  However, if I have to do it to delete questions first and then delete categories. 

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Tasneem Ashraf -

Thanks, this is what I am ending up doing.  I am assisting an instructor for this task and I gave her the option of unchecking the test bank the next time we do a course copy.  However, if I have to do it to delete questions first and then delete categories for her existing course.