Transferring Activity Completion Status By Student

Transferring Activity Completion Status By Student

by Lisa Grossman -
Number of replies: 2

We have students who are auto enrolled and required to complete a set of  sequential activities.  Activities must achieve a certain grade to move forward from one activity to the next.   Upon successful completion of the activities, the "Course" is then marked as complete.  Student can NOT manually complete and administrators do not have the option of manually completing an individual activity within the course (this seems to be a limitation of Moodle). 

Problem:

I have students who have completed a course who are then re-enrolled with a new student account.  They of course do not want to "retake" the courses.  They request administration transfer their completed courses to this new account.  The Moodle Administrator can ONLY select to Manager Complete the course. 

The problem with this is two-fold:

1.  You can't "UN" manager complete a course.  So once you select to manager complete that's it.  The student is complete for all time. 

2.  This is the BIGGER issue.  When you use Manager Complete, the activities leading up to the course completion are not marked complete. 
      Therefore - the student can not ACCESS these sequential activities because they are must be completed in order.  While the course itself is complete, a student can re-visit activities. 

Can anyone provide insight on a solution?  We are using Version 2.1.2 (I know old!!!)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lisa Grossman

Re: Transferring Activity Completion Status By Student

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

administrators do not have the option of manually completing an individual activity within the course (this seems to be a limitation of Moodle). 

I'll say it before someone else does  -that is that, if you can upgrade to the latest version, teachers can complete activities on behalf of their students, simply by clicking the box in the activity report. I do totally understand the challenges faced with upgrading, but 2.1.2 is not even supported for any security failures, so I do hope your hosts look after it well.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Transferring Activity Completion Status By Student

by Lisa Grossman -

Mary -

Yes - I know - I know smile  I was even going to post that in the body of my question!   I am hoping we will be able to upgrade in 2018-19.  I am just hoping someone might have insight to how I can work around the problem until we do upgrade. 

Lisa