preset text in answers

preset text in answers

by Jeroen Hollander -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

Is there a way to add preset texts in texts for assignements, forums, etc?
So when a student clicks on the button to submit a standard text is already in the text field?

I'd like to use this function to:
- give student easy access to an image to edit (with Atto:sketch)
- give student to fill in blanks in a text/form
- give students a list of answers, which they can edit theirselfs.

I'm using Moodle 3.4

Thank you.

Jeroen

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeroen Hollander

Re: preset text in answers

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

I would think that requires a prefilled form, wouldn't it? You mean to allow students to edit existing answers or replace them altogether? Be a nifty piece of form coding, which would be a lot of hard work for someone, I suspect. 

As an aside, to me, the scope of such a task would be likely to monster the creator, not saying it can't be done, but to maintain it could become quite difficult. 

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Jeroen Hollander -
It doesn't have to be a form, just some texts or a link to an image would be great.

If it can be done with some javascript code in the activity's text is would be great.

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Then you have answered your own question, creating your activities with the appropriate links and scripts then upload them as HTML pages via a HTML block. Link the pages via the block. This will, I suspect, allow you a lot of flexibility in how you could achieve your desired results for every separate activity.  

Alternatively, you may chose to develop SCORM activities, that will afford even more structural security and flexibility in achieving your goals.

These are just ideas off the top of my head, with some planning and serious effort, you could find a number of other solutions that might be easier, simpler and still gain what you want. I have never considered anything like this, but it is an intriguing idea.  

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you use the Quiz essay question, you can do this - see the documentation on the Essay question type

If you use the assignment, you can at least upload a file as an additional file which they can use to help them in their responses

Alternatively, what I used to do was to set an assignment of the online text type, where they type their response directly into Moodle, and I would add the answer framework to the question information and tell them to copy and paste the framework into their answer box. It worked if the students had a certain level of understanding, but not if they were not so technically-minded.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)