Only unenrol users who have not completed the course

Only unenrol users who have not completed the course

by Dale Davies -
Number of replies: 6

Does anyone have any pointers on how a teacher can only unenrol users who have not completed the course?

We have looked into setting date/time restrictions in the self enrolment method on the course but don't want every user unenroled.

We're looking specifically to remove users from the course rather than suspend their enrolment.

Many thanks smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dale Davies

Re: Only unenrol users who have not completed the course

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Dale!

The teacher can unenrol manually users from the Enrolled participants page using the trash icon (one by one):

Unenrol

He can also filter users with an specific enrolment method or even show only users which has been inactive more than X days. 

Besides, if the users were enrolled manually, he can select some of them and bulk the action "Delete selected user enrolments".

Bulk unenrol

These screenshots corresponds to Moodle 3.4.

Cheers

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

by Dale Davies -

Thanks for your reply, although I was hoping there may be something I'd missed to do this automatically as there are hundreds of enrollments in some of the courses. Unfortunately they have been self-enrolled so the bulk options don't seem to be available either. 

I think we're just going to have to do this manually using the trash icon, with the completion report open in another window.

In reply to Dale Davies

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The bulk options should be available.  What version of Moodle?  Try filtering by enrollment method first...then you should have the option to select all and delete...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Dale Davies -

Sorry I forgot to mention in my original post this particular VLE system is on v3.1.

I've just checked this on 3.4 and it looks like the Enrolled Users page is much improved but there still doesn't seem to be a way to filter by completion status unfortunately.

Thanks for your help though smile 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dale Davies

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

No you can't but you can filter by not active for some many days which might correlate some.  I wonder if you could write a query to take care of this on the database.  Would be a little complicated but if you are good with mysql, I am sure it could be done.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Dale Davies -

I was thinking something similar, a course report would be useful perhaps. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)