Student Role duplicated in courses

Student Role duplicated in courses

by Jan Combrink -
Number of replies: 1

Hi guys

By accident, it happened that a number of students were enrolled twice in several courses through Manual Enrolment and Cohort Sync. 

It seems like the two instances of enrolment clashes, or runs separately, or that the last enrollment overwrites the first. Some students have already completed the course, but the grade book does not reflect it.

Can you please explain what happens in such a case, eg that two course enrollment records are created in the database, and what can be done to fix it.  It is more complicated because of the cohort sync enrolment.

I found this from some time ago, which seem to be a similar situation, but did not have a conclusion: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=194754

Thanks

Jan

Attachment Double Enrolment 2018-01-18_8-35-55.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jan Combrink

Re: Student Role duplicated in courses

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I have never actually seen that affect the gradebook but I guess I was probably not running completion on the courses where it happened.  Why not just delete the manual enrollments (if that is the one that shoudln't have happened..)?