[adaptable] Exception - Class 'theme_adaptable\output\core\lang_string' not found

[adaptable] Exception - Class 'theme_adaptable\output\core\lang_string' not found

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Number of replies: 10
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I'm getting the following error on the front page:

Exception - Class 'theme_adaptable\output\core\lang_string' not found

More information about this error

Debug info: 
Error code: generalexceptionmessage
Stack trace:
  • line 367 of /theme/adaptable/classes/output/core/course_renderer.php: Error thrown
  • line 247 of /index.php: call to theme_adaptable\output\core\course_renderer->frontpage_my_courses()

Using Moodle 3.4+ (Build: 20180112) and adaptable 1.6.0.1 (2018011501).

I have no folder 'output' in the theme folder adaptable?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

Re: [adaptable] Exception - Class 'theme_adaptable\output\core\lang_string' not found

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Add a '\' in front of 'lang_string' on line 367 of '/theme/adaptable/classes/output/core/course_renderer.php', i.e. '\lang_string'.

Re: [adaptable] Exception - Class 'theme_adaptable\output\core\lang_string' not found

by Manoj Solanki -

Thank you for raising this Richard.

This occurs due to a frontpage course limit that is less than the number of courses a user is enrolled on when displaying enrolled courses on the frontpage.  For example, if frontpagecourselimit is set to 1, and user is enrolled on 5 courses, this error will display. A temporary workaround would be to set a course limit higher than how many courses a user is likely to be enrolled on.

We'll have a fix done soon and keep you updated.  

Thanks,

Manoj

In reply to Manoj Solanki

by Greg Lind -

Moodle 3.4 20171113 just updated Adaptable and I get the same error.

I tried Richard's solution (edit course_renderer.php) but that didn't work form me so I changed it back to original code.

I'm looking for where I can change the number of courses to show as suggested by Manoj, but I don't see it in Adaptable nor in Server Admin. I'm probably missing something obvious. Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction.

[EDIT]

I had found it, but thought I was in the wrong place because it didn't have any effect when I changed Manoj's values.

Here's what resolved the issue for me.

Site Administration -->Front page --> Front Page Settings

• Front page items when logged in --> List of courses. When set to enrolled courses I get the error.
  • My default was 200. I changed it to 500 just for drill but this had no effect so I changed it back to 200.

The only thing that made a difference for me was changing to show all courses when logged in.

It's an annoying glitch, but I'm a big fan of Adaptable and I appreciate the team's work. 

I'm looking forward to the update. Thanks.

In reply to Greg Lind

by Manoj Solanki -

Hi Greg,

Apologies, you are correct that changing the max number of courses doesn't have an effect as I expected.  I think you were referring to Gareth's suggestion earlier when trying a code fix? If you tried that, I would expect that you probably saw a different error message from the original?

I'm working on a fix at present and we'll have this released soon.

Thanks,

M

by Manoj Solanki -

Hi,

Just to update you, this has been fixed in our GIT version control repository.  A new version will be released on Moodle.org  soon.  To get the version with the fix sooner, the zip file for the latest version can be downloaded from here: https://bitbucket.org/covuni/moodle-theme_adaptable/branch/master.  This would mean you would need install manually of course and FTP the files over to the server to replace the existing Adaptable theme installation.

Thanks,

Manoj

by Manoj Solanki -

Hi all,

Further to my last message, a new version of Adaptable, 1.6.0.2 has now been released released on Moodle.org containing the fix for this issue: https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_adaptable

Thanks,

Manoj

by Greg Lind -

I would like to thank the development team for rapidly responding and resolving the issue. Bravo.

ตอบ: [adaptable] Exception - Class 'theme_adaptable\output\core\lang_string' not found

by สามารถ สิงห์มา -

Edit --> theme/adaptable/classes/output/core/course_renderer.php

use cm_info;

use core_text;

use html_writer;

use context_course;

use moodle_url;

use coursecat_helper;

class course_renderer extends \core_course_renderer {

//////////// Change to ///////////

use cm_info;

use core_text;