Moodle Mobile App vs telegram app

Moodle Mobile App vs telegram app

by Sya Rahim -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all,

Can anyone share how good is the Moodle Mobile App compared to Telegram App?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sya Rahim

Re: Moodle Mobile App vs telegram app

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

That is a bit like asking good is a spreadsheet compared to a word processor, both good tools but for very different purposes. I use Telegram because it is the technology used by the Moodle developers, I use Moodle because it is an awesome system for teaching. I am particularly interested in Quizzing and the Moodle quiz module is the best in existance bar none. Moodle has its own chat system I would say that Telegram is a better chat application, but Telegram is not very good if you want to deliver quizzing, submit homwork, run graded forums,  etc etc. 

If you are asking which is better purely for chat then I'd say Telegram.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Sya Rahim -

Thanks for your feedback, Marcus. Our University is using moodle mobile app to send messages to all students. We like it because besides sending messages, the students can also browse the courses and reply to the course forums. I find steps in installing moodle mobile app is easier compared to configuring telegram on Moodle. We are trying the telegram plugin. I am trying to get the best of what each app can do in getting connected without much hassle of configuring stuff.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Instructure are unleashing a new Quiz engine soon. When we have joined the dark side later this year, I may be able to show it off fairly at DLG! Or moan about how hard it is to get anything done (our new director is in place who has experience of it, and high up contacts if we get stuck or need things doing...).

Apparently moodle quizzes restore into it well. But on a side note, the SCORM implementation may as well not exist.