Hello a general question

Hello a general question

by avi cohen -
Number of replies: 1

Hello, to everyone,

I have been working teaching and developing with moodle since moodle 1.6

Our great leap came in in moodle 1.9.

This I say because we need some moodle development which seems to be a bit overwhelming. Our students now work on a variety of platforms many with touch screens.

And side paging (opposed to linear reading).

Courses must integrate huge traffic in media, with gradable and exportable items.

I tried using H5P, it can not do the job, it is slow need a lot of building and modifying so the media will come through.

I tried to integrate CANVAS LMS, with some success, but there is no full integration,

What we actually need is something like CAMVAS inside MOODLE.

A slick media based course manager, with cloud based integration for all LTI capable systems.

MOODLE core should be able use a drag and drop item system, to build a course schema.

I hope I am not wasting your time and mine with this post & that the post is where it should be. (I also hope my English is clear enough as it is not my native language)

Thanks for listening

Average of ratings: -
In reply to avi cohen

Re: Hello a general question

by Stuart Mealor -

Hello Avi

"Our students now work on a variety of platforms many with touch screens."

Moodle works really well on mobile devices (and has the free Moodle Mobile App)

"...side paging (opposed to linear reading)"

I'm not 100% sure what you mean here, but Moodle has side Blocks, and have you tried the Book and Lesson modules which can both have table of contents?

"H5P, ...can not do the job"

OK, that's a comment about H5P, not Moodle.

"...integration for all LTI capable systems"

Yes, Moodle can use LTI.

"Moodle core should be able use a drag and drop item system, to build a course schema."

Moodle does support drag and drop, as long as you are using a modern browser.  I create courses all the time by simply dragging and dropping images, resources, files, etc. from the file manager window to the main Moodle course, it's easy smile

"Our great leap came in in Moodle 1.9."

I hope you are not still using Moodle 1.9?  You don't say what version you are using?  But if you are using Moodle 3.4, and you actually know how to use all the different parts properly, I don't understand what the problem is?