Crossword puzzle in Moodlecloud

Crossword puzzle in Moodlecloud

by Ash S -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I am new user of Moodle. I have seen some YouTube videos demonstrating a very attractive learning activity -crossword puzzle.  But, I do not see it in the activity chooser.

I am using Moodlecloud.

Thanks in advance.

Ash

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ash S

Re: Crossword puzzle in Moodlecloud

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there and welcome smile

The crossword activity you might be thinking of is a contributed plugin, and is not available in MoodleCloud unfortunately.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ash S -

Thank you Mary smile

In reply to Ash S

by Mike Verna -

HI Ash,

If you have the HotPot enabled on your site, you can use Hot Potatoes to create Crossword Puzzles and upload them to Moodle.

The tool within Hot Potatoes is called JCross

In reply to Mike Verna

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Unfortunately HotPot is also a contributed module and is therefore not available on the free MoodleCloud sites.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ash S -
Hi Mary,

You mean HotPot cannot be used with Free MoodleCloud site, but can be used with Starter, please confirm. Bit confused here.

Thanks in advance.

Ash

In reply to Ash S

by Mary Cooch -

Sorry - I mean Hotpot is not a plugin on MoodleCloud free or for School - but you can save Hotpotatoes as SCORM packages and upload them to Moodle. Or if you have a site of your own you can  install it as a plugin.