Database

Formatting database columns is a complete nightmare (help)

Mt. Fuji
Formatting database columns is a complete nightmare (help)

Dear all,

I really didn't want to resort to a desperate call for help here but....I'm just about to pull my hair out (what remains) trying to format a database.

I cannot, for the life of me, get columns in a very simple database to display properly. 

I have three fields:

Instructor Name

Course Name

Course Summary

in a database. They are all in Japanese. The last one gets formatted into two lines...no matter how much I tinker. It really shouldn't be this hard should it...?

I am attaching a screen shot of where I am. Oddly, it looks marginally better in Firefox than it does in Chrome but neither is how I want it and how it should be.

Any help will sincerely be appreciated.

Regards

Jason

P.S. For reference, here is how it should look:

教員名:   リンジー・モリソン

科目名:    比較文学ゼミナール

セミナール内容:   このゼミナールでは、外国人による日本文化論と、その影響を受けて書かれた、あるいは外国向けに書かれた日本人による日本文化論を比較しながら、日本文化の発信と受容について考察していく。and the explanation continues from here...

Average of ratings: -
Mt. Fuji
Re: Formatting database columns is a complete nightmare (help)

Sorry all,

Please ignore my previous post. I simply removed the formatting from a table and managed to achieve my goal by simply editing (formatting) the template in a text editor window (without the table).

I don't know if that is the ideal method but the results look good...and are consistent across browsers. smile

Regards

Jason

Picture of William Lu
Particularly helpful Moodlers

Glad to hear you have sorted it out. 

BTW: You can use the Database activity for your "Curriculum and Information Management System" as well.

Mt. Fuji

Thanks William,

Funny, I used it more when I was writing that book and haven't used it hardly at all since then smile I guess my lack of practice showed here.

Regards

Jason