Bug in 3.4.1 (and 3.5) lesson Module | Matching question type

Bug in 3.4.1 (and 3.5) lesson Module | Matching question type

ni Bob Gilmore -
Number of replies: 4
Larawan ng Particularly helpful Moodlers

I've just updated our testing site to the latest build (3.4.1) and wanted to test out the fixes to the lesson module.

Using the lesson module, matching questions cause an error when displaying the feedback to the student:

This error also occurs on the lessons used on the Moodle QA site as both teacher and student roles:

The other question types appear to work correctly.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob Gilmore

Re: Bug in 3.4.1 (and 3.5) lesson Module | Matching question type

ni Bob Gilmore -

At a guess, this is related to the fix for https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-43042

I'm uncertain whether to report it as a bug, since the 3.4.1 versions isn't technically live as of this writing, although a git pull did grab the offending patch, whichever it was.

In reply to Bob Gilmore

ni Helen Foster -
Larawan ng Core developers Larawan ng Documentation writers Larawan ng Moodle HQ Larawan ng Particularly helpful Moodlers Larawan ng Plugin developers Larawan ng Testers Larawan ng Translators

Hi Bob,

Thanks for sharing your results of testing Moodle 3.4.1, and checking whether the error is reproducible on the QA testing site. Please do report it in the Moodle tracker, and maybe link it to MDL-43042. (Moodle 3.4.1 was released today, so should be listed as a released version.)

In reply to Helen Foster

ni Bob Gilmore -

Thanks Helen.  I did add it to the tracker after my second post as I saw the 3.4.1 release notice.  https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-61211

Looks like work has be4gun already on fixing it. Thanks Mihail!

I wish I had more time to actually support you folks by submitting code rather than just bugs, lol.

In reply to Bob Gilmore

ni Helen Foster -
Larawan ng Core developers Larawan ng Documentation writers Larawan ng Moodle HQ Larawan ng Particularly helpful Moodlers Larawan ng Plugin developers Larawan ng Testers Larawan ng Translators

Thanks Bob. It's very helpful of you to report the bug with clear steps to reproduce and having checked that it was reproducible on the QA testing site. ngiti