Atto editor not showing up

Atto editor not showing up

by Miro Iliaš -
Number of replies: 4

Dear experts, 

as admin of Moodle 3.3 I replaced TinyMCE HTML editor with Atto editor (section Manage editors).

However, Atto toolbar is not showing up in Moodle web-pages, there are only html commands - this is plain text area.

Any help please on how to kick on the Atto editor ? 

Attachment editors.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miro Iliaš

Re: Atto editor not showing up

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Suggest purging the cache on Moodle server.   Also clear your browser cookies/cache.

Does it show?   If not, turn on debugging then go to any mod/activity in the edit mode to see if any editor shows.

In addition to debugging on, might also check your web server error logs for clues.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

by Miro Iliaš -

Dear Ken,

thanks for your hint; after clearing cache, however, we got another problem with mathjax, see attached image.

Any help, please ?

Attachment image001.png
In reply to Miro Iliaš

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Those are cloudflare content delivery network - javascript - errors.

Moodle, by default, isn't setup to run behind cloudflare, but doesn't mean that the makers of mathjax don't.

So, if you have ssh to your server, login and try using wget with one of those URL's:

Like this:

ktask$ wget https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.2/MathJax.js
--2018-01-16 14:19:24--  https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.2/MathJax.js
Resolving cdnjs.cloudflare.com... 2400:cb00:2048:1::6813:c166, 2400:cb00:2048:1::6813:c066, 2400:cb00:2048:1::6813:c466, ...
Connecting to cdnjs.cloudflare.com|2400:cb00:2048:1::6813:c166|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [application/javascript]
Saving to: 'MathJax.js'

MathJax.js              [ <=>                  ]  61.76K  --.-KB/s   in 0.07s 

2018-01-16 14:19:24 (943 KB/s) - 'MathJax.js' saved [63244]

wget does acquire the file so don't do that inside your moodle code directory.

I see link that shows 'Learn More'!    Uhhhhh ... does that link 'learn ya' any?

I also see it says there's an error ... but I don't program either.

Is your site set to use CloudFlare? Do you have access to CF 'control panel' for your site?   IF so, turn off whatever is related to javascript caching and see if your problems go away?

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Miro Iliaš -

Hi,

our smart admin got solution : the MathJax configuration was wrong and it had to be fixed to the form:

MathJax.Hub.Config({

config: ["Accessible.js", "Safe.js"],

errorSettings: { message: ["!"] },

skipStartupTypeset: true,

messageStyle: "none",

TeX: { extensions: ["AMSmath.js","AMSsymbols.js","mhchem.js","noErrors.js","noUndefined.js"] },

});