Installation Moodle 3.4 SQL execution error

Installation Moodle 3.4 SQL execution error

by Uyghur Maarip -
Number of replies: 3

During my installation, I can't finish it:

It says: (Your server environment meets all minimum requirements) and I click CONTINUE and get these informations:

DDL sql execution error

here comes alot of DB data (my databasename, username and password are correct)

Last informations are:

Debug info: Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes

Error code: ddlexecuteerror

Stack trace:

• line 492 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: ddl_change_structure_exception thrown
  • line 1041 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 77 of /lib/ddl/database_manager.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->change_database_structure()
  • line 425 of /lib/ddl/database_manager.php: call to database_manager->execute_sql_arr()
  • line 370 of /lib/ddl/database_manager.php: call to database_manager->install_from_xmldb_structure()
  • line 1723 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to database_manager->install_from_xmldb_file()
  • line 276 of /admin/index.php: call to install_core()

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Uyghur Maarip

Re: Installation Moodle 3.4 SQL execution error

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

change_structure_exception and might be key.

The environment checks check version and global config/setup but  don't think it checks to see if the DB user under which the check is run has the ability to 'alter' (change structure?).

Rather than use a DB user just for Moodle, use the superuser account for the DB server ... see if that makes a difference or not.

This suggestion is a guess!

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Uyghur Maarip -

Thank you Ken, 

User has ALL PRIVILEGES

I tried many times in these days without success. 

But after I get your answer I tried to change the browser(from Chrome) to (Firefox) install it with the same manner it goes perfect! 

Kind regards, Jan

In reply to Uyghur Maarip

by mart van der niet -

I encountered the same problem. You can find the solution here

I modified the offending column to VARCHAR(191) and this solved the problem. The offending column appeared in the dump.