User Tour self-enrol requireloginerror

User Tour self-enrol requireloginerror

by Leah Hemeon -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Testers

Hello helpful Moodlers,

I'm building a few user tours for our site. Love this feature! So far I've built three successfully. I'm now trying to activate one for the self-enrolment screen. Our users are not tech-savvy and have a lot of navigational challenges. Most will reach out to support rather than enrol themselves.

Anyway, I sent up the tour to link to /enrol/index.php% so it will display on whatever course a user first accesses that requires enrolment. I'm getting the below error (screenshot). The heading is "Requireloginerror" then the main message is "Course or activity not accessible". I have the first step of the tour to display just in the middle of the page. It's not attached to any block or selector. I've tried both the "all" and "authenticated user" roles and am logging in as a student to test it. Have tried both IE 11 and Chrome and we're using the More theme on Moodle 3.4.

Has anyone run into this before? Is there something I can do to get the tour to work on any enrol screen? What am I doing wrong here?

Screenshot of error

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leah Hemeon

Re: User Tour self-enrol requireloginerror

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I think as yet, you can only run user tours for logged in users.  I thought I had put in a tracker request but apparently I didn't - you might search tracker and see if there is already a request and if not, add one.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Leah Hemeon -
Picture of Testers

Hi Emma,

Yes, this makes sense. However, the user is logged in. This message displays for a logged in user when the tour is set to display for either "all" users or "authenticated users". Is there another role I should be selecting? Users have to be logged into our site to see anything - there isn't a guest option at all.

In reply to Leah Hemeon

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Oh I wonder if the issue is that they are not enrolled in the course but you set the tour to run in the course?  Let me test on my site as I could use a tour like that too!

I think that is the issue.  The tour is pulling the courseid but the user is not enrolled in the course so the tour decides that is wrong.  Definitely a bug!

I found a tracker item - https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-58763

You should vote!

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Leah Hemeon -
Picture of Testers

Thanks so much for looking at it and testing it on your end. I'll definitely vote for the tracker issue. Not the end of the world but it would have been a nice tour to have. Our users just don't find their way around any technology tool very well and we hoped this would ease a few pain points. Fingers crossed it will work in the future. Thanks again!

In reply to Leah Hemeon

by Emma Richardson -

Language customization has been my friend recently - I am editing language strings to provide instructions!