Adding Labels to custom user field that has a drop down menu

Adding Labels to custom user field that has a drop down menu

by Will Pandle -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Guys

Hope someone can help me here , I have been looking for an easy way or hack on how to make my current issue elegant and much more user friendly.

I need to create some sort of a labeling for a custom User profile fields that is a drop down, I need to put codes and numbers that represent a selection for reporting purposes.

to explain more in detail see picture below:help file

The picture above is a drop down list notice how the name is long, that's because the drop down list contains only 3 digit numbers and I cant put the meaning of that number on the drop down list it will crach my configurable reports. So what I have resorted in doing is put the list  on the name of the drop down field  that has the number and what that number means so that the administrators when they are choosing the will know that 533 = Means (None). If I put 533 only the person whose a data capture wont know what option to choose when "None" is the option on the form.

Now this is not elegant and also moodle seems to remove it after some refreshes which means its either annoyed or hate my inability to think smarter.

Hope this is clear and someone has came across something similar and used a more elegant solution. Cause I really cant put the explanation on select options of the drop down list and as you can see on the picture below this does not look good at all.

countries

Thanks in advance

W

Attachment Screen Shot .png
Attachment Screen Shot 2.png
Average of ratings: -