Moodle for mobile

MP3 Load Error iOS

Picture of Michelle Ames
MP3 Load Error iOS

Hi

I see a Load Error when launching audio mp3 files (also mp4 video) - see attached.

It actually loads fine and plays but our client has queried this so I wanted to check if others are experiencing this and have any thoughts about its cause.

Thank you

Michelle

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Juan Leyva
Re: MP3 Load Error iOS
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

Hi Michelle,

is the first time we see this error, are those mp3 or mp4 files hosted on your site or externally?

Could you upload here a backup of one of the resources so we can check?

Picture of Michelle Ames

Hi Juan

The content is hosted on the LMS.

I cant upload a backup as the files are all too big however it did lead me to swapping out a piece of content for a test mp3 that I downloaded online and that one loads fine, but it looks like it plays in Quick Time on the iPhone. The real content as you can see from the screenshot doesnt seem to be opening in quick time so i now need to figure out why the two mp3 files differ.

Thanks for your reply

Michelle

Picture of Michelle Ames

Hi Juan

We realised that when the audio file hasn't been downloaded, as it's greater than the download threshold set in the app (20MB on wifi) it will start the download but also load the web player by directly opening the Moodle web page for it (same as if you opened that audio file on a desktop).

If the file is already downloaded, or is below the download threshold, it will be downloaded and opened in the proper audio player.

Juan - do you know if the download threshold has increased in later versions of the app?

Thank you

Michelle

Picture of Juan Leyva
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

Hi Michelle,

the download threshold has been the same since the beginning and yes, you are right, we do streaming while downloading but if it is downloaded we open it in the default player in the device.