Translations not working

Translations not working

by Pablo Etcheverry -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers
Hi!

I have already tested a lot of things and couldn't make the translations work. When I point at "mod/questionnaire/phpESP/admin/test.php", I get the expected results:

phpESP Language Settings
  • GNU Gettext: Real
  • default_lang: es_ES
  • current lang: es_ES
  • available langs: da_DK, de_DE, el_GR, en_US, es_AR, es_ES, fr_FR, ja_JP, it_IT, nl_NL, pt_BR, pt_PT, sv_SE
    ()
  • GNU Gettext test: Passed
  • Catalog Open Test: Yes
I supposed that should guarantee the messages appeared in Spanish, but that doesn't happen... any ideas?

TIA,
     PAblo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pablo Etcheverry

Re: Translations not working

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Yes, there are a lot of known problems for translating the questionnaire module. I've reworked the userinterface for the respondents and mailed it to Mike for inclusion in CVS. It is not in there yet, but if you want I can send it to you by private mail (too big for forum). It is only in English and Dutch, but not much to translate (47 lines)
In reply to koen roggemans

by Pablo Etcheverry -
Picture of Core developers
That would be great! Since I had a deadline, I had to manually translate (in the code!) the most visible strings... muerto
Please send it to my personal mail so I don't have to keep on manually translating. Once it is done, I will return the "es" lang file to you (or Mike?).
TIA,
Pablo

In reply to Pablo Etcheverry

by Miren Ugalde -

I am having the same problem. Would it be posible to have the spanish translation of this module?

Thanks a lot,

Miren Ugalde

In reply to Miren Ugalde

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
At the moment, mike is making a complete revision of the module. It will be more translatable with the aim to be completely translatable.
I suggest you do translate that one to spanish and send the translation to Mike. He'll be glad with it smile Only 30 minutes work.
Here's the download link http://download.moodle.org/modules/
In reply to koen roggemans

by Caio Moritz Ronchi -
I have translated mostly of the mod/questionnaire/lang/en/questionnaire.php to Brazilian Portuguese, and put it in directory mod/questionnaire/lang/pt_br/.

I haven't hacked the code yet to find out what's going on, but I can see that my changes are not being applied to the pages. I mean, many expressions I have translated are still being displayed in English.

Is this an expected behavior, due to the new improvements on the translation of this module, or am I just doing something wrong?

Any help is welcome, I'm really needing this module translated...
In reply to Caio Moritz Ronchi

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi -

Are you using the most recent version of the module? If not, you won't see many of the translations. You may need to upgrade.

Can you send me / post your tranlation file? I will put it in the distribution.

mike