Adoption of the Autogroup plugin

Adoption of the Autogroup plugin

by Eoin Campbell -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would like to adopt the Autogroup plugin, which is stuck at support for Moodle 2.8 only. I have tried to contact the original developer but haven't had any response. Is there any procedure in place for when a plugin is left in limbo, neither supported nor put up for adoption?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eoin Campbell

Re: Adoption of the Autogroup plugin

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Eoin.

That's a good question. Coincidentally I was just today dealing with a similar case and we in HQ concluded that we need a new policy of how long we should wait for a reply from inactive maintainer before we can start considering the plugin as orphaned and put it for adoption on behalf of the maintainer.

Please see MDLSITE-5354 for details. I am going to report your case there for reference. Thanks!