Teaching with Moodle

Learning Moodle 3.4 Online Course

Picture of John Doubleday
Learning Moodle 3.4 Online Course

Hi,

I have signed up for the online Course Learning Moodle 3.4 and was just wondering  if there is a 'live chat room'  as well as the introduction area.

A bit like how Moodle org is organised.

Also would love to chat to just Australian participants but dont see any why of sorting via 'country'.

Cheers

johnD

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Learning Moodle 3.4 Online Course
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Hello John. There are two scheduled chats in the second and fourth week, and if you want to go in there and meet other Moodlers at other times, you are welcome too. If you have chosen the Step by Step option then you will see the first of these chats next Monday; if you have chosen the All at once option then you should be able to see them now. You can filter the Introduce yourself forum posts by country by typing the country in the search forums box. (You mention "just how Moodle.org is organised - where do you do 'live chat' here?)

It might be a good idea to add this question to the Learn Moodle Basics MOOC itself wink

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Hello Mary,

Thanks for your reply.  The search in the Participants list (which is a very cool database) seems to only search for  First and Last names no matter what I do....see attached pic...I may be doing something wrong heresmile)

Yes once I get a bit used to the MOOC I will add it...good idea ! 

Mary Cooch
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Hi John. I didn't mean search the Participants list - I said search the Introduce yourself! forum. Obviously, you won't get a neat list, but you will be presented with all participants with links to Australia or whatever city/country you add

Ahhh Thanks mary

Hello Mary,

So there is no way to send a message to all Aussies and meet as a group in the course?

Mary Cooch

Not easily but when you share your practice course you could make a forum post "Calling all Aussies! Come to my course!" and get them together that way. But why are you not posting this question in the Learn Moodle forum?big grin

OK thanks, I was not sure where to post such a question in the course. Now it has started I will have a better look.