Hiding Check permissions from Category Administration

Hiding Check permissions from Category Administration

by sulagna behera -
Number of replies: 5
Hello Moodlers, 

I have been trying to hide "Check permission" option from Category Administration. While setting permissions for the specific role (for which the option is to be hidden), I unchecked the following options:

-Override permission for Others

-Review permissions for Others

-Override safe permissions for Others

Still the option is showing in the Category Administration Panel.  Are there any other settings to be changed?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance. smile

Regards,

Sulagna

Average of ratings: -
In reply to sulagna behera

Re: Hiding Check permissions from Category Administration

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

At a very quick glance, this is displayed if the user has any of the following capabilities

moodle/role:assign
moodle/role:safeoverride
moodle/role:override
moodle/role:manage
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by sulagna behera -

Thanks Howard! smile

by sulagna behera -
Hi Howard,

The changes made are hiding both "Assign roles" and "Check permissions". I just want to hide "Check permissions". 

I kept "moodle/role:assign" but unchecked "moodle/role:manage". It is showing both the options.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't think you can... it's being displayed because the user has the assign role. 

I don't really understand why you would be happy to let users make assignments but not check permissions.

In reply to Howard Miller

by sulagna behera -

Okay.

Actually there is an option moodle/role:review - Review permissions for others. I thought if this option is unchecked, then Check permissions won't appear. 

Anyways, Thanks smile