what is the "Allow redo within an attempt" setting used for

what is the "Allow redo within an attempt" setting used for

by mimi nom -
အကြောင်းပြန်မှု အရေအတွက်: 7

Hello,

I would like to know what is the "Allow redo within an attempt" setting used for in the quiz activity.

I personnaly  tested it, so what I can say is that first, it can be activated only for the question  behaviors "Immediate and interactive with multiple tries". And It allows the student to answer again (even indefinitely) a question in the same attempt, in my opinion,, there is already the adaptive mode witch can do this, so, I wonder if this parameter has any other purpose.

thank you in advance for your help

ပျှမ်းမျှအဆင့်သတ်မှတ်ချက်များ: -
mimi nom ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

Re: what is the "Allow redo within an attempt" setting used for

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

see the documentation

It makes sense because when you use interactive behaviour the number of attempts is given by the number of hints in the question.

Jean-Michel Védrine ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by mimi nom -
Yes, I know, and I know also that the adaptive mode with or without penalties allows to a student to have several tries for a question so that's why I asked myself this question, in addition to that this parameter does not take into account the penalties.

by Bernat Martinez -

We use  "allow redo within an attempt", in Maths using formulas question as it allows to  load different values so the question in not the same, we also provide some feedback in order to help in the next try.

Bernat Martinez ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by mimi nom -

Hello,

Thank you for this information, however I created a test with immediate feedback behavior and I allowed to make two attempts and ofcourse I activated the "Allow redo within an attempt"  and I added a simple calculated question, Then, I tested the test as a student, In the second attempt, I answred false then I answered right but at the end I got the full grade. I really don't understand the difference between the adaptive mode without penalties and this parameter for me they do exactly the same thing
maybe it's a bug in my version of moodle 3.02+ or I have not understood yet I will continue my research

thanks again

by Bernat Martinez -
I think that there is a  difference among adaptive mode without penalties and Interactive mode  with "Allow redo within an attempt" , it  is that  the variable values change  when you make another try, but not in adaptive mode. there values are always the same.
Bernat Martinez ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by Tim Hunt -
Core developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Documentation writers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Particularly helpful Moodlers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Peer reviewers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Plugin developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ

As several people have said now, this option is only useful if you have either build the quiz using random questions (https://docs.moodle.org/34/en/Building_Quiz#Adding_a_random_question), or are using a question type with internal randomisation (like Calculated, Formulas, STACK, ...)

It is intended to be used in quizzes that have been provided to let students practise their skills. (Specifically, it was asked for by the Open University Maths department for use in their practice quizzes, and that is why I built it.)

For other sorts of quizzes, this is not a useful option: so don't use it!

Tim Hunt ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by mimi nom -

Hello,

It's very clear for me now thank you very much